I haven’t done a Q & A in a long time and I have a inbox full of questions so I thought I’d answer a few today!
- What is your favorite lens to use? I use an 85L prime lens 1.2 about 95% of the time. It’s my baby and it rarely is off my camera. I love it because I shoot with a very low aperture and this enables me to do so. I can get the gorgeous bokeh as seen in the first picture.
- What is your favorite beach to shoot at? I love the Brunswick beaches, Holden, Ocean Isle, Sunset and Oak…but probably I like them the most because I’m the most familiar with them. I love the point at Cherry Grove, I love the wide beaches of OBX and I love the dunes at Ocean Isle beach…there really isn’t any beach I don’t like. Ha!
- What’s the best time to book beach sessions? NOW…I’ve been booking beach sessions since the beginning of the year and our calendar is getting filled up so if you are interested, please shoot us an email so we can get you on the calendar.
- What do you love the most about your studio and do you suggest me looking into getting one? Well, I write a lot about that here, but I love my studio as it’s a place for my clients to call “home” and it’s absolutely perfect for my newborn sessions. I do think you should think long and hard about if you need at studio, if you can sustain it (the overhead is a lot) and if it will benefit your business.
- What is your favorite camera bag? I have a Kelly Moore bag and I do love it, but it’s heavy. I just ordered a House of Flynn bag and I’m excited to try that out.
- What are your favorite tips for non photographers? Learn a bit about composition, this will really take your snapshots to beautiful images. Practice practice practice…if you are looking to use your camera off auto, it just take s a lot of practice so you don’t get frustrated. Pay attention to light, it makes all the difference.
I had the joy of working with this sweet family recently. Their little one just turned two and we managed to get one shot of the “two” balloon right before it went up in the sky. I was amazed as she just carried on with her session, happy as a clam in her mommy and daddy’s arms. I loved their spirit and their smiles! What a fun session. Thank you so much M family for allowing me to work with your sweet family! I love your images!