Sharing this beautiful Mebane, NC Wedding today! I can’t tell you how much I have enjoyed getting to know Aaron and Morgan this last year! They have been so much fun and the easiest couple to work with. A few things that stand out about the two of them!
- Their smiles…just look at how beautiful they are, and they seem to light up a room (both of them)
- Their connection–from day one I met them, they were together. I love that Aaron would contact me as much as Morgan. That they did things together and shared their entire experience together. That comes through in their images.
- Their easy-going demeanor—it sure does make a photographers job easy when the clients trust their photographer and are so “go with the flow”
Their wedding was beautiful, filled with little touches that highlighted her love for animals and Cinco de Mayo. Her dress was gorgeous with the most beautiful swiss dots (never have I seen that…gorgeous) and even though it was overcast, it was the most beautiful wedding!
This has by far been our busiest year for weddings! As our business has changed and grown, we have taken on a few more weddings than we have in the past, photographing some gorgeous couples! We shot 4 in 6 weeks (thats crazy for us) but we loved every minute of it. I learned a few things about weddings and from a photographers standpoint what I think are “must haves” to make sure your wedding goes smoothly!
- Pack a Style Box: I have a bag and a kit that I keep that has everything from scissors to batteries to mints to clear umbrellas and even a beautiful hanger for the bridal dress. Your bride has so much on her mind, make sure you have the things that you know may often be needed. Its one more thing to carry, but so worth it. I also have beautiful ribbon, small dishes and such for styling too.
- Extra outfit: So, if it rains, it’s nice to be able to change clothes after you’ve done all your outside shots. You will feel more comfortable and won’t look like a drenched rat as your finish out your evening.
- List of all Vendors and their numbers: I put these in my cell phone (apple watch) so that I have them ready if I need them. Especially important if the couple doesn’t have a planner.
- 2nd photographer! I can not tell you how important this is. If you are a wedding photographer and you are not offering this as part of EVERY wedding you shoot, you are doing both yourself and your clients a dis-service! I have been blessed to work with Autumn as my primary 2nd…she’s shot every wedding but one with me this year so far and it has become a well-oiled machine! It’s so nice having someone you can trust to help capture the most important day of your couples life! As a client, if you do not have a 2nd shooter as part of your wedding collection, ad one! Things come up and there are times when the photographer needs to be at two places…just not possible for one photographer!
- Snacks! While you will have a meal most likely, if you are pulling a 12 hour day (as most weddings are for me) then you will get hungry and if it’s during the summer and it’s hot, you will want plenty of water and snacks to help keep you going for the entire day. I pack nuts, trail mix, a couple of protein bars and water (along with my coffee)
Congratulations Arron and Morgan! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of our special day and capture the moments! Your images are as beautiful, because you are beautiiful!
- Venue–Merry Hill Wedding
- 2nd Photographer–Autumn Hollifield
- Florist- Flora out of Greensboro
Hair- Rebecca Cox of Salon Posh
- Makeup-Jacqueline of Salon Posh
- DJ- Greg Moore
- Cake- Maxie b’s
- Dress – Elegant Bridal