Hello from my little corner of the internet! I’m so thrilled you took the time to not only read my blog, but also look at my work. I never take it for granted when people stop by, it means the world to me. If you don’t know me, I thought it was time to take a few moments and introduce myself. (we have had so many new faces on all our platforms)
So I’m Sara-Anne, I’m a mom to two teens who I think are pretty amazing, though sometimes, make me understand why some mammals eat their young! I’m a wife to my husband (the hubs) Chris who is a retired pastor and now a liscenced counselor (and yes sometimes he shrinks me). I have one adorable fur baby Bella and I’m originally from the DC area, but have made NC my home.
I am a self taught photographer, though I have a background in art and design. I have been shooting professionally for nearly 10 years (so hard to believe that I’ve been able to do what I love for nearly a quarter of my life!
People always ask me what my favorite thing to shoot is, and my answer is I love capturing connection…whether that’s within a family or between my subject and the viewer.
A few facts about me!
- I recently was told that I say “really truly” A LOT and I’ve realized that I do!
- I love educating and business coaching other entrapenures in the area of business and marketing
- I am a huge football fan especially the Redskins (don’t hate)
- I was born in Kenya and have traveled and lived all over the world
- I love ethnic food and trying new things. Thankfully I have a son who does too!
- I drink way too much coffee
- I have a bit of an addiction to sugar free popsicles
- I love the mountains and one day dream of owning a tiny cabin
- A few things on my bucket list include: going to Bora Bora, taking a camper and making it into a travel studio for when I’m at the beach and travels, traveling abroad with my kids, shooting a tropical beach session, seeing the Macy’s day parade and driving the coast in CA with my hubs!
- I love to entertain, but right now am in a season that I don’t get to do that much
- My biggest accomplishments include loosing over 100 lbs, making it through my pregnancy with my daughter, winning my studio, over coming a huge business set back and being able to provide for my family while my husband is in school.
- I adore the snow!
So there’s e in a very short nutshell. I hope to introduce me better soon along with my team! 🙂
I recently had the pleasure of photographing this beautiful senior! She was a joy to work with and I just loved her images! Thank you Cameron for allowing me to capture this special time…you are BEAUTIFUL!