I’ve been a bit absent these days…not because things haven’t been busy or because I don’t have a TON of sessions to blog, but because some times life just happens. Things have been crazy both at the studio and Castle Caudle. I feel like I’m struggling to stay a float. I had a meeting at the studio a few days ago and we talked about productivity….UGH! It was the last thing that I felt I should be leading, but there were several things that were shared that stuck in my head so I thought I’d share!
- Set Small Goals: It’s easier to achieve and accomplish small goals that huge lists. We tend to get overwhelmed with large tasks, but if you have just a few important things that need to be tackled, those are attainable.
- Shut off Social Media: What a time sucker. Did you know that there are apps that will not only block you from social media sites for a certain amount of time, but also ones that will track how much time you spend. It’s scary to think about!
- Figure Out Your Most Productive Times: I find this so important, I know that I’m very productive the first thing in the morning…I get so much accomplished from 6-9am! So I try to do the hard things then…the things that I normally don’t want to do.
- It’s okay to say no! Saying NO to things that keep you from being productive is okay. You can’t be everything to everyone and saying “no” helps.
- Sleep! You are so much more productive when you have rest. This is my struggle…but I’m working on getting more sleep so that I can be more productive.
I know there are so many more things that we can do to help us be more productive, but those were some that stood out to me.
I few weeks ago I had the pleasure of photographing a very sweet and fun wedding at Ocean Isle Beach. These two were a joy to work with and so many fun memories to capture! I wanted to share just a few peeks for them! Thank you so much Charyl and Josh for allowing me to be a part of your special day! Wishing you a life time of happiness! I can’t wait to share the whole event in a few weeks 🙂