In the throws of busy season, workflow is so important! Keeping things organized, having a plan for each session! For me, this is how things go!
- client calls or emails the studio inquiring about a session we reply (goal is 24 hours)
- If client is interested in booking, we then send the our booking form and an invoice (all sessions are only booked if session fee is received)
- Once client worksheet is received our beautiful welcome packets are sent to the client (these help prepare the client with lots of information from what to wear, to wall gallery ideas)
- 2 weeks before the session a “see you soon” card is sent, with a check list for the session and details of where to meet
- Session takes place (happy clients)
- we cull the images, select the very best 25-30 (too many make it too hard on clients) we hand edit each images it’s our “digital lightroom” It take us about 6 hours to edit one gallery. We put together a slide show set to music for all clients, we also use blog stomp to prepare for the blog.
- Then post 1 peek online
- Thank you gift is sent to clients with a car of what to expect about ordering and viewing
- 1 week after, we set up an ordering session for the client
- 2-3 weeks after session, client comes to the studio for their ordering session.
- Once the order is placed, we will blog the session!
- order is placed and clients get a call saying their packages are ready in the studio for pick up (out of town clients get product mailed)
- Thank you note is sent
That’s our workflow…very simplified. All in all it takes about 20 hours per client! You can see if we shoot 4 clients in one week (which is what we’ve been doing during beach season) thats about an 80 hour work week. (we’re a bit sleepy these days) but we love what we do and are blessed beyond measure!
Finished this little girls gallery this week…I adore this image! I’ll blog the rest soon…but this one…sigh! 6 months, baby planer, sweet cheeks…it’s perfect!