We are continuing our series on Beach Tips from our studio…discussing everything from what to do at certain beaches to how to prepare for your beach session.
One question I get asked all the time is “where are your favorite places to eat” So I thought I’d put together a short list of my favorites for Brunswick County Beaches (Ocean Isle Beach, Holden, Sunset Beach, Oak Island and of course Calabash)
Favorite Places to Eat at Holden Beach
- Castaways (it’s an open air eating, right on the island and has live music most nights) Their shrimp and grits are wonderful!
- Provision Company (great fresh seafood…and their shrimp burger is yummy) get’s very busy, but on the water way so nice to watch the sunset and very casual.
- Beaches n Cream (Best Ice cream around) I have waited over 30 min for ice-cream but so worth it!
- Captain Petes (traditional calabash style seafood, more on the expensive side, but good fresh seafood)
Not on Holden but worth it
- Inlet view (great if you can have a date night)
- Purple Onion (best cakes) and great for lunch or catering
- Filling Station (doughnuts)
Fun Things to Do
- Turtle Talk (Every Wednesday evening)
- Take a water taxi to dinner
- Planetarium (great for a rainy day at the beach)
- Magic Mountain water slide
- Paint Pottery
- Public Pool If you need a public pool (kids need a break from the beach) Sea Trail offers day passes it’s in Sunset beach (about 35 min from Holden) but clean nice resort
This beautiful family’s session nearly didn’t happen! Dad got sun poising from a horrible sun burn and spent a good portion of his vacation in the ER (yuck) But I’m sure glad it did…just look at these most adorable kiddos! Such fun personalities and mom was just spot on with her coordination of outfits! Loved their under the pier shots too…