Happy Monday! Can you believe that we are back at it again? I know here in our home, the weekend flew by and we were even able to enjoy some of the beautiful 60 degree weather! Last week was insane…3 new babies in the studio, headshots, classes etc and Cheers for Chocolate (I’ll share a few of those images as they were just beautiful) I really haven’t had a moment to breath….it’s crazy!
We are starting our Mom’s Co-op! Here are the details!
- So here’s a opportunity for any of you who want to earn free pictures! It’s the studio Co-Op! Here’s how it works! You can earn portrait hours, buy committing to working in the studio.
- Work 10 hours and earn a free mini session with 10 digital images ($400 value)
- Work 15 hours and earn a free mini session with 10 digitals and 16×20 canvas ($899 value)
- Work 25 hours earn a free session (full) with all digital images ($1800 value)
- I primarily need help during the week, I would really prefer at least 3 hour blocks (we are beginning March 1st)
- Tuesday 10-4
- Wednesday 10-4
- Thursday 10 -4
- Friday 10-4
- Email me at email@example.com to sign up
I had someone ask me about my newborn work…she said “I can ALWAYS tell when it’s your pictures” we were able to talk about my approach to newborns and what goes in behind my images. I thought it would be a good time to share my thoughts with you…as I feel its when you can make the best decision as to whom the best photographer is for your family. Let’s face it, you have many choices these days! So when you think “newborns” what words come to your mind? innocent, tiny, flaky skin, fresh, coos, sweetness, natural…I hope that my pictures embody all that!
- Soft: I think that nothing talks more about a newborn than softness. That softness comes from several places with my images! Lighting, props (blankets, hats etc) and editing. I love that one of the words that people always say about my newborn pictures is “they are so soft” that to me is perfect for these sweet babies…while your images are sharp and clean, I do have a softness to them.
- Organic: I love natural colors and fibers. You will hardly ever see bright or dark colors in my newborn images. I feel that neutral colors help to show case your baby the best. I will ad a pop of color in a bonnet or head band, but because I want the images to be as natural as possible, I work hard to make sure that they all go together. I also use lots of natural fibers (wools, fur, wood, etc) this also helps with the feel
- Posing: Though I will, if you really want to, I usually don’t do a lot of the “staged poses” I try to keep posing to as natural of a state as possible. While I will work with you baby to make sure they are comfortable, to make sure that they look sweet and simple, I seldom do a lot of composites (head on hands, or lots of crazy props)
- Connection: We strongly suggest that you take advantage of this most precious time and have you family captured together. There is NOTHING more precious than the connection between a new mom and her baby! We work very hard at capturing that connection, making those images timeless and beautiful.
So that is why we feel our newborn images stand out a bit, but we also feel that the experience really aids in the process as well! From our studio (which is perfect for newborn sessions) to our new baby plan the Lullaby Club to our beautiful products! I wanted to share the heirloom product that comes with each session in our Lullaby Club…again it’s simple, timeless, organic and we think just BEAUTIFUL!