This has been quite the season! We have done less families and more teens, babies and children then ever before! It’s so funny to me to look at trends.
I’m up in NoVa doing some high school senior sessions….so fun for me! Some of these girls I have known since they were in middle school. It’s always a joy of my job to watch my clients grow up …and I feel so blessed that they continue to want me to document their life!
Our teen shoots at the studio have been so popular…working with our fabulous make up artist Katy, and watching these beautiful girls come alive in front of the camera!
A few tips for those of you who are photographers about posing
- Never shoot someone square on, you always want (especially for women) some sort of angle for them. It’s just not flattering to have them square.
- Watch arms close to body: This is one that you really need to pay attention to if the client is wearing long sleeves…it’s less of an issue if they are bare arm, but having arms close to the body, makes them read larger.
- Have them lean toward you: I always tell them that it feels weird, but always looks great…and is a great way to elongate the neck.
- NEVER shoot from below: Huge pet peeve for me…it just does not flatter anyone.
- Remember the “S”: have women form an S with their body..emphasizing their curves.
- Pay attention to hands: they have a way of making something look awkward so have your client relax their hands
- Double jointing: This is also another thing that sticks out to me like a sore thumb…women are often double jointed so have them bend their elbow a bit and lower their shoulder so it’s not up in their neck.
- Accentuate the waist: If they are self conscious about their weight, have them create a waist with their arms or hands
I’m super excited to share these beautiful images…this sweet girl warmed up as our session went on! Thank you Katy for your amazing work (hair and make up) and thank you Gracie for your beautiful spirit and gorgeous smile!
For more informaiton about our teen shoot, please click here
I love these two…pure joy!