High School graduation is an exciting time and high school senior sessions are some of our favorites. We love being able to capture our clients unique personalities and highlight the person they’ve become! Unfortunately not everyone shares our enthusiasm, and so many people don’t realize how this milestone deserves more than just the cap and gown shot. Today, we wanted to share some truths about senior photos.
1. Did you know you are not required to purchase the official yearbook photo? Nor do you have to use it on your graduation announcement. Yes, it will be used in the yearbook, but that is where it can stop. We believe that senior pictures should be more personal, they should reflect the senior that is in them and in a way that includes their hobbies and their style. You just don’t get this with the standard yearbook photo.
2. Senior pictures should be about both girls and boys. Perfect hair, make-up, and wardrobe are important elements of making your pictures reflect you. But don’t think that is just for girls. High school graduation is equally important for boys, and definitely worth documenting. Plus capturing a great candid smile is priceless whether it’s on a girl or a boy.
3. Senior sessions with us are about capturing a person’s individualism. The first step is learning as much about you as we can before you arrive. The things you love to do provide a window into your soul, and we want that to show in your images.
4. Senior year will be over before know it, so booking photos in the fall is ideal. But we can shoot any time of year, and if you have a preference let us know what it is. Just remember getting your images to you will take some time, so plan accordingly if you need to have these by a certain date.
5. As sad as this might sound, once high school is over most people don’t take the time to have a photograph taken of just them for a long time. That’s one reason we promise that capturing you right now will mean something to you later in life. Remembering who you were at this crossroads will stay with you forever. There should be some images to commemorate it too.
6. Finally, what you wear does matter. Button-ups and layering looks great on guys, and girls don’t forget the accessories. Also avoid clothing with wording or images. We like to shoot you in more than one outfit so bring several.
If you are ready to book a session or would like more info email us. Fall is filling up fast!
Want to know more about our senior session check out an online version of our client magazine here.
Before we go…we wanted to share a recent teen shoot session. She’s not a senior but she is entering her first year of High School in a few days, and her images are just stunning! We’ve enjoyed watching her grow into this gorgeous young lady. Thank you to Katy Osborne for her work with hair and make up.