- You consider it a good days work when you have been pooped or peed on
- You know all the different ways to get out baby poop from blankets
- You’ve dyed your own cheese cloth to use as a baby wrap
- You wear short sleeves as you always sweat (even in the winter) because you have your studio set at 80
- Your garage if filled with baby props instead of a car
- Every basket or container (even sometimes stupid) is something that you can put a baby in
- You get so excited about going to stores like Homegoods (usually a gold mine for baby props)
- The workers at your local crafts store know you by name because you visit it several times a week
- Every time you are talking with an expecting mom, you think of ways to let them know you are a newborn photographer
- You go to shake someones hand and see something brown on it and realize it’s baby poop from your morning session.
There you have it…this list came to mind yesterday when I was at the local craft store (yes for the 2nd time this week) purchasing something for a newborn session and the sales lady asked me (by name) if I needed anything else and as I went to give her my money, I looked down and baby poop was all over my hands. (need to clarify as I was swamped and only had seconds in between sessions so careful washing didn’t happen)
Truth is I LOVE every aspect of my job. I’ve been so blessed with the opportunity to do what I love and to work with such sweet babies and families. Isn’t this little guy just perfect? His mom is actually quite a great photographer herself! So excited for them and their new baby boy (adding to their two beautiful girls) Thank you Morel family for the opportunity to photography Mr H. He’s beautiful!