Destination weddings are just so much fun to capture! I love the fact that they are typically more relaxed and everyone is a bit more laid back! Beach weddings are especially fun, but there are a few things to remember if you are planning to get married on the beach!
- Check the tide: The last thing you want is for your guest to be standing in the water when you say “I Do” So do a bit of research and check when the tide is high on the date you think about having your wedding, and then check how much beach there is available.
- The sun: Everyone wants a sunset, well you want to make sure that the sun is NOT straight in your face.
- Sound: If it’s important for your guest to hear your nuptials, then you might want to think about having some sort of sound system. The waves are loud and often will drown out the officiant
- The crowd: Know that unless you are on a private beach, you will probably have on-lookers and a crowd. Just go with it and realize there’s more to celebrate you!
- Keep it Simple: The ocean is beautiful…you don’t need a lot of decor.
So there are a few tips that hopefully will help you if you are planning a beach wedding!
Holden Beach is such a beautiful place for a wedding, not crowded, beautiful beach, and offers cotton candy sunsets all the time! There are several homes that can host a large group and can be perfect for your bridal party and reception.
This wedding was such a joy to capture! I loved every aspect, their willingness to just do whatever was best for pictures (which paid off) their connection that shows through in every image, her sheer beauty combined with the beauty of the beach. It was just perfection! Kyle and Peyton, thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day. You two are just as amazing as your day was and I wish you all the best as you begin your lives together!
Thank you to Paula Player for being such an awesome 2nd shooter!