Hello from my little corner of the internet! I’m so thrilled you took the time to not only read my blog but also look at my work. I never take it for granted when people stop by, it means the world to me. If you don’t know me, I thought it was time to take a few moments and introduce myself. (we have had so many new faces on all our platforms)
So I’m Sara-Anne, I’m a mom to two teens who I think are pretty amazing, though sometimes, make me understand why some mammals eat their young! I’m a wife to my husband (the hubs) Chris who is a retired pastor and now a licensed counselor (and yes sometimes he shrinks me). I have two adorable fur babies Bella and Roxy and I’m originally from the DC area but have made NC my home.
I am a self-taught photographer, though I have a background in art and design. I have been shooting professionally for nearly 14 years (so hard to believe that I’ve been able to do what I love over a quarter of my life)
People always ask me what my favorite thing to shoot is, and my answer is I love capturing connections…whether that’s within a family or between my subject and the viewer, and my families mean the world to me, but being able to capture High School seniors and help boost them during this very scary and exciting time is such a privilege!
I thought it was time to share a bit more about me and the studio!
A few facts about me!
- I recently was told that I say “really truly” A LOT and I’ve realized that I do!
- I love educating and business coaching other entrapenures in the area of business and marketing
- I am a huge football fan especially the Redskins (don’t hate)
- I was born in Kenya and have traveled and lived all over the world
- I love ethnic food and trying new things. Thankfully I have a son who does too!
- I drink way too much coffee (typically always have a coffee in my hand though it may be the same one from the morning)
- I love the mountains and one daydream of owning a tiny cabin
- A few things on my bucket list include: going to Bora Bora, taking a camper and making it into a travel studio for when I’m at the beach and travels, traveling abroad with my kids, shooting a tropical beach session, seeing the Macy’s day parade and driving the coast in CA with my hubs!
- I love to entertain, but right now am in a season that I don’t get to do that much
- My biggest accomplishments include loosing over 100 lbs, making it through my pregnancy with my daughter, winning my studio, overcoming a huge business set back and being able to provide for my family while my husband is in school.
- I adore the snow! (yes last Thursday/Friday was a treat)
- We have two locations (one in Burlington and one at the beach)
- Our studio has been home to many different people, not just SAP. Many small groups use it for group meetings, for business retreats etc.
- The building is over 100 years old
- We focus on families and high school seniors (yes we do other things, but that is where our focus is)
So there’s e in a very short nutshell. I hope to introduce me better soon along with my team!
I recently had the pleasure of photographing this beautiful senior! She was a joy to work and I’ve been capturing her since she was in middle school) I’m in love with her images, but I just adore her! God has big plans for her and I can’t wait to follow her journey!! Thank you, Addison, for allowing me to capture this special time…you are BEAUTIFUL! Still have a few sessions available for the class of 2020! Email the studio for more info!