It’s quiet in the house right now and to be honest, it’s my favorite time of day! before all the hustle and bustle starts and I begin to wear many hats…you know how that is. As moms, I think we treasure the quiet that we get here and there!
I’ve been getting a lot of emails recently about newborn sessions and I thought it was a good time to answer some of your questions!
- How far in advance do I need to schedule my newborn session? I always respond to this, as early as possible…especially in peek times (such as beach or fall season)
- Do you have baby plans? Yes, we do! It’s by far our most popular route that our newborn families go. If you click here you can learn all about our JOY (just one year) program
- Do you do all newborn sessions in your studio? Yes, we have found that our studio offers the perfect place for our newborn sessions. For years we struggled with our newborns…we wondered why we couldn’t get the asleep, why the sessions lasted so long…sometimes up to 4-5 hours…we are so excited that now that we have such a beautiful space, our newborn sessions have been much easier. I truly believe that this is due to the fact that it’s a great space, with lots of room for moms to relax, it’s calm and it’s designed for newborns! We love it!
- How much does a newborn session cost? To be honest, I have to pause here…I truly feel that custom fine art photography is an investment, our session fee is $175 and then prints, products, albums are additional.
- Who can participate in the session? Anyone! As you will see below, I love to capture families (generations) with new babies…so just let us know at the time of booking and we’ll get whomever you wish in the pictures.
- Is morning or evening better? I always schedule my newborn sessions in the morning (unless we are doing some outdoor images), it’s easier on mom’s and usually babies do much better.
- Do you do outdoor newborn sessions? I do…but there is a lot of thought that needs to go into place with this…new babies are fragile and safety is my most important thing.
So what are you waiting for….contact our studio to schedule your newborn (or family) session!